I have a dream in 2012.
A dream that….
- No man, woman or child will go to bed hungry.
- Quality, affordable healthcare is available to all.
- There is peace in the world.
- Corporate and political corruption is an anomaly.
- Protecting and preserving our environment is a priority.
- No one is ever judged based on race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
My dream will begin to take hold when there is change in how politician’s view their role in our government; when they recognize we elect them to cross party lines to accomplish great things.
Dr. King showed us what was possible; he started to create the path for us to walk down together. Let’s be mindful of the power of people coming together to make great things happen this election year.
To honor Dr. King, and lasting positive change he made on our nation, here’s the U2 song “MLK:”
Kelly is a writer, photographer, social media consultant, and teacher. She is all over the internet, including her blog Naked Girl in a Dress
U2’s “MLK” is a song to honour Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. It is the tenth song from their 1984 album, The Unforgettable Fire